Tuesday, August 14, 2001

day 94, Mt. Algo Lt, CT

Start:  Mt. Algo Lean-to
End:  Mt. Algo Lean-to
Miles:  0 today, 1447.1 total

A big fat zero!  Wasn't planning on it, but the time keeps on ticking and you've got business to do, so no big deal.  And I'm still on schedule with the plan I made to Manchester Center.

It sounds like I might do 26 miles tomorrow to stay at Sassafras' house.  She's a 40-year-old woman (though she looks like she's 28), meeting her parents tomorrow night.  She said a bunch of her hiker friends are going to stay, though I'm not sure if that'll be tomorrow or not.  Anyway, I figure it'll be well worth the extra effort to get a free place to stay, shower, etc.

Two northbounders just caught up with me tonight.  Panda and Maverick started May 20-something and June 3 respectively, I think.  So they're really moving.  I mean, really, there's very few people who have passed me.  I'm sure these two will.  Gravytrain, Commodore, that guy John who I met back in the Smokies... can't think of anyone else.  So that means I'm moving pretty fast myself, which might be a bad thing.  As I said before, I wish I had at least 2 more weeks to work with, just to make the trip more relaxing.

Ok, time for bed.  Big day tomorrow, waking up at 5:30am.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment