Thursday, August 2, 2001

day 82, DWG, PA (hostel)

Start:  Delaware Water Gap (hostel)
End:  Delaware Water Gap (hostel)
Miles:  0 today, 1273.7 total

Busy like a bee.  First things first, I had to get some real food in my belly, so I ate breakfast at the DWG Diner.  I get there and look around for a seat, when... who do I see?  Why, it's the Virginia G-man!  So I sit with him for a bit, order my meal, he finishes and heads out.  Turns out he came down the hill later than I did last night, but he didn't stay at the hostel, got a hotel room instead.  So that was a surprise.  Ate my meal, which was your average Denny's -style breakfast, paid, bought a bunch of post cards, and left.  At 10am, Peter and I went down to the Pack Shack to get a shuttle into Stroudsburg.  Now this shuttle driver is a lazy, poor excuse for a human.  It took forever for him to get ready to take us into town, and then, later I called for him to pick us up at the Stroudsburg library at 4pm, but we didn't get back to the hostel until 6pm.  And it's only 5 miles!  We could've walked faster.  But anyway, did laundry, wrote my post cards, ate at Subway, did the internet thing at the library.  When Peter and I finally got back, the church congregation was having a big pot-luck dinner, which they apparently have every Thursday for hikers!  So we got a big free dinner, and they left all the extra desserts for us to finish off!  Gnome and the crazy Neil Young guy were there, too.  All in all, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment