Friday, June 15, 2001

day 34, Trimpi S, VA

Start:  Old Orchard Shelter
End:  Trimpi Shelter
Miles:  14.2 today, 508.3 total

A pretty easy day mileage-wise.  It's funny how I say 14 miles is easy now, when back on like Day 6, 14 miles was a solid day.  Anyway, I pulled into the Trimpi Shelter at around 3pm, which is extremely early for me.  I didn't really know what to do with all the time.

Sometime after 5pm, Raver mentioned / asked if I was going to get to the Sugar Grove P.O. before they closed tomorrow.  For some whacko reason, I didn't realize that the post office would close early on Saturdays.  I mean, I know that generally P.O.s close early on Saturdays, and I knew that I had to get to a post office.  I just didn't put the two together for some reason.  So suddenly I was in a bind.  I spent the next hour or two trying to decide what to do.

To make a long story short, I decided to stay the night at Trimpi, wake up at like 4am, and try to get to the P.O. ASAP.  To make matters worse, the Sugar Grove post office closed at 10:30am, not noon.

Tonight there's Raver and E of E & J (a weekender).  "E" taught us a dice game called Blisters.  I had a come-from-behind victory in my first game!

No comments:

Post a Comment