Wednesday, July 18, 2001

days 65 - 67, H. Ferry, WV (home)

Day 65, Monday, July 16
Start:  Bears Den Hostel
End:  Harpers Ferry, WV (home)
Miles:  19.7, 1003.4 total

Day 66, Tuesday, July 17:  ZERO DAY
Day 67, Wednesday, July 18:  ZERO DAY

Home sweet home.  It was a great feeling being back, feeling safe, free from responsibility for a couple days.  And then there was the concert!  G3 baby!  Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and, the god of guitar, John Petrucci from Dream Theater.  And Mike Portnoy backed him up on drums.  So it was like getting to watch a Dream Theater concert and, oh, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.  Arguably the best concert I will ever have the privilege of attending.  So yeah, it was awesome, and I bought a shirt.  I almost wanted to quit the trail and start a band again.  I know I want to do that when I get back, but I almost couldn't wait.

I blew over $200 buying supplies for the trial.  I went to Appalachian Outfitters and got another pair of boots, some spare laces, an Esbit stove and extra bricks, a polyester shirt to replace the heavy Nike basketball reversible one I use as a backup, a fleece bag liner (to use as a bag itself, weighs 1 lb, 14 oz, over 3 lbs lighter than my sleeping bag), some bigger gloves, etc.  I bought a whole bunch of trail food at Costco and Safeway.  A shopping bonanza!

No comments:

Post a Comment