Thursday, July 12, 2001

day 61, Pass Mountain H, VA

Start:  Bearfence Mountain Hut
End:  Pass Mountain Hut
Miles:  26.8 today, 923.2 total

Honestly, not much to say today.  Journal writing is always (well, not ALWAYS) one of the toughest things to do because it always comes at the end of the day.  In theory, it's the last thing I do before bed.  Who wants to write when the only thing you want to do at that very moment is sleep??  Not me.  But, it's even worse when you put off writing for a day or five.  Catching up is even harder.

And really, unless something wacky happens, like the goat that I threw into a bush after he tried to steal a day's worth of food from my pack, there's pretty much nothing new to report.

More than likely, I've done this just about every day (but zero days and pre/post town days):

     1. Got up between 6-7am, broke camp 8-9am.
     2. Hiked all day w/ periodic breaks.
     3. Arrived in camp 7-8pm, got to sleep 10-11pm.

Today, for example, I got up at 6am, broke camp at 8am, hiked ALL DAY until 8:45pm, about ready to sleep at 11pm.  The only thing out of the ordinary is the new "with pack" record of 26.8, just shy of the 27ish slackpack record.  Anyway, I'm doing well, journals are just getting to be monotonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment