Wednesday, July 11, 2001

day 60, Bearfence Mountain H, VA

Start:  Swift Run Gap (Sunchase Apts, Harrisonburg)
End:  Bearfence Mountain Hut
Miles:  9.0 today, 896.4 total

Wow!  A whopping 9 miles!  Break out the moleskin.  I'll need it for this blistering pace!  Haha...  Actually, 9 miles isn't that bad considering I started at 4:30pm.  I spent the earlier 2/3 of the day trying to get out of Harrisonburg.  Megan drove me around a lot, for which I am very grateful.  I went back and forth between the two Harrisonburg  post offices trying to find my mail drop package.  On the third try we finally got it.  Picked up a new watch for only $5 that could do everything Bob's watch could do, and more.  It was a pretty good deal.  But then, whaddaya know, we find Bob's watch!  It must've been under a car when Joe and I were looking for it.  So I gave my new watch to Megan and kept Bob's watch for myself.  It's good to have it back again.

We got some lunch from Wendy's, and I ate the biggest gut grenade of a burger.  It was a triple cheeseburger, 3/4 of a pound of meat on it.  When I started hiking, my heart had to do a few warm-up laps to clean out the grease in my arteries.  Good meal.

There's a chance I might do 26.8 miles tomorrow.  I may just be senile.

No comments:

Post a Comment