Saturday, July 7, 2001

day 56, Rockfish Gap, VA (H-burg)

Start:  Rockfish Gap (Sunchase Apts, Harrisonburg)
End:   Rockfish Gap (Sunchase Apts, Harrisonburg)
Miles:  0 today, 842.6 total

Man, I love zero days.  Oh, and again, like "yesterday" I'm writing this in the future, on a different zero day, actually, August 2nd at the Delaware Water Gap.  I'm here with Peter waiting on the lazy shuttle driver at the Pack Shack to pick us up at the Stroudsburg library.  But anyway, I digress...

I remember that I spent most of the morning-mid-afternoon running errands with Megan.  Really, she drove me around.  I ate breakfast with Big Toe, Q-tip, Q-tip's girlfriend, and Grasshopper at Shoneys.  Breakfast buffet!  I had at least 3 plates.  After breakfast I went with Megan to do our stuff while the rest of the gang did their thing.  Anyway, as usual, we were slow, so we decided to take the rest of the day off.  The others managed to get out around 5pm and do some hiking.

So then I went over and saw Joe, Leina'ala, Shannon, and Sean (her current boyfriend).  Hung out briefly but then ducked out to do more errands with Megan, and came back a little later.  Joe let me borrow his laptop from work, so I got to take full advantage of some great Ethernet.  Joe drove me over to 7-11 and we talked with Geoff a bit.  He came by around midnight after work and took me over to his place to crash.  Awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment