Saturday, May 12, 2001

pre-GA>ME

Man, I forgot my toothbrush.  Just kidding, I brought 3.  Just kidding.

I must be nuts.  I'm on the train down to Gainesville, GA, and have no clue as to what the hell I'm doing.  I think I've got the right equipment, at least enough to get by satisfactorily until the first mail drop or outfitter.

Really, the two main worries for me are finding good people to hike with and keeping my right knee in good shape.  I plan on staying in or near shelters the first four nights (at least), which will keep my mileage around 8 miles/day.  Being at the shelters should keep my in close contact with people.


Bye, Mom!

Bye, Dad!

My pack was around 43ish pounds (without water) right before we left the house.  I'd like to get it under 35 eventually.

Anyway, my whole outlook will change when I get to Amacalola (?) Falls. I'm wearing my lucky orange pants, so hopefully everything will be ok.


Midnight train to Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment