Thursday, September 6, 2012

midway through the SNP

Day 60 is up.  Almost halfway there :-p

We got a treadmill a few weeks ago and I've been starting to work on my fitness again.  Been thinking about trying to train for a 5k.  I've run a handful of 5ks in the past, though without much dedicated training beforehand.  I'd say my PR is probably 21/22 minutes, so the bar is pretty low.  I'd hope that with some focused training I could break 20 minutes (6:27-ish pace) this first try and then go from there later on.  I'm thinking something like Hal Higdon's intermediate 5k training plan should get the job done.  It's only 8 weeks, and the longest run is 7 miles, so most workouts should be under an hour... certainly not the time commitment for something like a marathon where you disappear for 3-4 hours each weekend to do the long runs.  Should be more palatable all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment