Friday, July 13, 2012

intro

So, yeah, "roots of grass". I had a list of names but nothing was really standing out... I started thinking about "grassroots", "indie"... that sort of thing. Not going for the Mary Jane angle or delving into the world of lawn care service provision. Anyway, we'll roll with it and see how it goes.

I've had the idea of starting a blog for awhile and finally thought I'd give it a whirl. I've been mildly active on Facebook for a couple years and thought a blog might be a better way to post my thoughts in a more passive way (ie you have the option to come here and read rather than having my posts presented to you whether you wanted to see them or not... though friending / de-friending [Facebook] is an option, I suppose). This is also maybe a better arena to write longer posts, go into deeper detail, etc.

Anyway, my general thought at the outset is that I'll just post whatever I fancy at a given time. Very open-ended, few commitments. Not sure of frequency. We'll just let the dogs run and see what happens. Am I looking for fame? I don't know... it might be more the case that I feel like I can express myself well via writing and want to dabble with the notion of "being a writer". Another avenue to a more fulfilling life... and maybe a water tower filled with gold coins. I like trying new stuff. Anyway, babble, babble. On with it!...

No comments:

Post a Comment