Wednesday, July 18, 2012

in the works

A couple items:

·        I hiked the entire Appalachian Trail (Georgia to Maine, 2167 miles) back in the summer of 2001.  It took me nearly 5 months and was a fantastic experience.  I kept a hand-written journal of the trip as I went along and I’ve been thinking that it might be a good idea to get the whole thing typed up on the computer for better preservation, etc.  So one of the things I hope to begin (once I can find those journals!) is transcribing those entries here.  Supposedly there’s a way to back-date a blog post, so, by the end of this effort, there should be 120-something new blog entries dated between May and October 2001.  Coming soon.

·        I’ve been looking into golf simulators for the past couple days and hope to have a post shortly relaying some of what I found.  There’s actually a pretty wide variety in terms of price and what you can get.  In the meantime, here’s a cool video for a simulator which is way out of my price range (though, as Ray says, the way computer hardware goes, this level of capability might be pretty cheap in 5-10 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment